Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Hate Morons, I Love Wu-Tang

Great news! One link from a highly-read wrestling website brought, like, five times as many visitors over the span of the last few hours of Monday night than I usually get all day. I cried many tears of joy throughout the night, knowing full well that all my hard-work throughout the years trolling messageboards, frantically scribbling on my desk in High School Spanish and repeatedly playing Wu-Tang Clan's "Bring The Ruckus" while strolling into my Business Journalism finally paid off for me.



Regardless, it shows that there's at least some weird interest in this blog, so I can either gloat and eat myself to death like Marlon Brando or continue on my merry way and hopefully use this blog to fatten my wallet. Retiring early is a huge priority for me, so if you click on that little blue box on the bottom left hand corner a million times, I'll mail you my VHS copy of "The Best of Christopher Daniels in Japan". Or, better yet, my VHS copy of "SLC Punk". C'mon, you know you want to see Matthew Lillard's crowning achievement.



I'm still chargin' you for shipping and handling, damn it. I've already assured my future offspring that it will live in luxury.

Right, the Iron Sheik; the star of this blog. He wrestles Butch Reed here for probably Fritz Von Erich's World Class Championship Wrestling. It's the last 4 and a half minutes of wrestling, but it shows how really simple wrestling was back in the day. Now, every false finish has to include some ridiculous move that would have been a finisher 10 years ago.

The style back then seems to connect to the audience more than it does now. Of course, fans believed that it was real. But I think if you let fans see things in a slower pace, then it's more appreciated. That's why I'll never be a fan of these miniature Japanese men doing seventeen moves in two minutes. Or whatever these Ring of Honor dudes are doing these days.

Yeah, I know I'm just talking out of my ass here, but all I know is the wrestling I grew up with really makes today's wrestling look like crap. My old man rant is over and you can all think that I'm a dinosaur now. Just know that "Dinosaurs" was one of my favorite shows before you stare lovingly at that Harry Potter poster taped on your bedroom ceiling, jackass.

No comments: